Situated right in front of Banana beach, tucked away from the market’s hustle and bustle and standing out as the best villa in the area, Mandala is the perfect surf and yoga escape. The large, private ocean front terrace has plenty of space for basking in the sun by Mandala's pool or lazy afternoons in shady spots. Seconds from fantastic surf of Banana Point, Onze and Douze, Mandala incorporates privacy and a soulful individuality.
The area immediately surrounding Villa Mandala is not a tropical paradise but the sea views are beautiful and great beaches are in walking distance. It is a distinctly North African beachside location that is susceptible to the constant natural and man made changes that rapidly occur in the developing world. Its part of the experience and its what makes Villa Mandala a true gem hidden off the beaten track and Banana Village's best kept secret!
- Stunning, friendly, relaxed and such lovely staff. Surf and Yoga Paradise.”
- Margarito Fullilove
- If you want to take a surf trip somewhere with world-class surf on your doorstep, but also want to stay somewhere a little bit more relaxing than the typical grungy surf-camp environment - I really can't think of anywhere better than Mandala - and I will definitely be going back
- Shawn Stedman
- A true gem. I'll certainly be coming back.
- Jacquelyn Gray
Villa Mandala has a private hamam (Moroccan sauna) for two so you can unwind and rejuvenate after a long day in the surf. The roof top terrace has a stunning wooden yoga shala and is the perfect place to sunbathe, chill out or have a drink at sunset. Downstairs there is a big living area with large sofas, tv, satellite, lots of films, wireless internet, books to read and games to play. Like our original surf camp the atmosphere is laid back, fun and friendly. The terrace and pool area are the perfect place to have breakfast in front of the surf, or enjoy a few drinks in the evening.
Villa Mandala is a special place for a unique and unforgettable holiday.
NB: there has been some illegal construction work near Villa Mandala . The authorities have now knocked down the buildings, and Mandala has regained its perfect views of Banana Point and those epic sunsets. They have begun to clear away the rubble from the buildings but this will take time so please be aware that there are at present piles of concrete rubble on the track as you approach Mandala and to the side of it. There is no more building work going on around Mandala.
- Substantial beach side villa on Banana Point
- Quality accommodation
- Superior room size
- Best equipped with pool , yoga space and hamam etc
- Lowest ratio of rooms to bathrooms 8:6
- Private layout
- 9 rooms in total
- 4 sea view
- 4 non sea view
- 3 en-suite.
- 4 large shared bathrooms between remaining 6 rooms.
- 21 person capacity
eat, drink , socialise
- Communal dining in the inside dining area or poolside under the bourgainvillia flowers
- Excellent chefs providing the very best Moroccan and international cuisine
- Lots of space to socialise or relax in privacy
- Pool overlooking world class surf spots
- Stunning roof top terrace
- Private three person hamman
- Board games, and library of books, magazines etc
- Flat screen TV and surround sound 100's of dvd's
- ipod connection for surround sound
- Purpose built yoga shala ( capacity 21 )
- Palatial lounge area
- Free wireless internet access
- chill out areas by the pool
- Lots of sunbathing space
services and facilities
- Villa hosts and concierge service
- Surf camp - transport and chauffeured guiding with lunch
- Independent surfer - b&b and hire car
- Yoga Surf Retreats
- Coaching - fully equipped surf school
- Complete villa rental ( catering, private surf and yoga services optional )
- Laundry service
- Multilingual staff
- Daily maid service
- 24/7 live in care taker
- Language: Arabic, Berber, French, English (limited to city center & tourist areas.)
- Currency: Dirham only available in Morocco
- Climate: Arid, semi tropical
- Visa: 30 day tourist visa issued upon entry. South African passport holder need to apply before entry.
- Passport: Must be valid for 6 months
- Electricity: Ac220 V with two-pin round plugs.
- Located in Aourir ( Banana Village ) 15 minuted north of Agadir.
- 30 minutes from Agadir international airport
- 2.5 hours road transfer from Marrakech